Jess M., Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Computer Software Support specialist for more that 10 years
49766785

I can not get into my FaceBookas I forgot my password. I did

Customer Question

I can not get into my FaceBookas I forgot my password. I did not need one until a week ago.
Category: Software
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.

Hi, welcome and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I am glad to assist you today.

I am very sorry about your Facebook issue. Are you using a computer with Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8 or 10 to access your Facebook account?

Please let me know by replying to me here so that I can help you further. A rating is only required when we are finished.

Best regards,
Jess

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Jess, I am on an IPad. I never needed a pass word till now. I never used one . FB tells me they can not find a password ***** me. Please help . Thank you. Regards Laura
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.

Hi Laura,

Thank you for writing back and I am very sorry about your issues. Unfortunately, all Facebook accounts, and any online accounts, are protected by a password. The only reason why you think that you did not need or use a password ***** is that, our web browser, the program or app that you used to access Facebook, "remembered" the password ***** you were no longer asked for it each time you access your Facebook.

Now, there are 2 possible cases why you are asked for your password.

First, your account could have been hacked and the hacker changed your password. In this case, the "remembered" password ***** your web browser will not work since your actual password ***** changed already.

Second, the web browser or app could have been cleared or reset thus the remembered password ***** removed.

Do you have a computer there where you can try to recover your Facebook account? Recovery is convenient and easy when using a computer.

Please let me know so that I can help you further.

Best regards,

Jess

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Jess, Sorry , I do not have a computer. Is there anything that we can do.? Going crazy. Thanks , Jess
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.

Laura,

Thank you for writing back and yes, I can help you in the recovery of your Facebook account.

In this case, you need to use a web browser in your device, and then go to this link:

https://www.facebook.com/login/identify?ctx=recover&lwv=110

In that form, you can enter any of the following information you provided in your FB (FB = Facebook) to identify which account to recover:

• Email
  • Phone
  • Username
  • Full Name

After entering any one of the info above, click on Search and then see if your profile is shown.

Keep me posted.

Jess

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Jess, sorry I did not respond right. I have emphysema and I am having a hard time right now. Can we continue at a later time today?
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.

Oh sorry about that. Please take your time to rest. And yes, we can resume with this any time.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Jess, I did what you suggested. Did not work. I am not to savy on my IPad or computer. Learning as I go. Please help. Thank you
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.

Hi, thank you for writing back and I am very sorry about your issues.

Can you please tell me what happened when you followed the steps I gave you? Also, if you only have a computer there, I can remotely access that computer so that I can directly assist you in recovering your Facebook account while you watch.

Thank you.

Jess