Russell H., Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Proud to have been getting computer technicalities into working order since 1988.
13568747

I am attempting to port Medisoft V7 network edition from SBS

Customer Question

I am attempting to port Medisoft V7 network edition from SBS 2003 to XP. I have moved the Medidata folder and installed ADS. When I start it up, it sees the practices but says there is no data. Can you help?
Category: Software
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

The answer depends upon some factors to consider carefully and find out about:

1. where is it looking for, for data, when you start it up?

2. does it need to be pointed to a specific location that you specify, in order to actually 'see' the data that is there?

3. is there data there, indeed (wherever 'there' is) ? is there tables of data, is there files containing the data and in the right format, as well as in the right place (according to (1) and (2)...) ?

I regret that I cannot offer Live Phone Call service at this time.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
1) C:\Medidata
2) I can't imagine how it would work otherwise
3) I copied the entire Medidata folder from a working system - it must be seeing something from that folder since it sees the practice namesDo you have any experience with Medisoft and the Advantage Database Server (ADS)?
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.

How about hidden files?

Do you know how to set a system so that hidden and system files are visible? if so, please do so (on the system that the old Medidata folder is coming from, not necessary on the new system though it wouldn't hurt), repeat the copy from the old Medidata folder, to the new folder, and see if it then sees the data as being actually present.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Do you have any experience with Medisoft and the Advantage Database Server (ADS)? Or are you just asking questions based on general Windows concepts?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Unfortunately I do not have access to the old system at this time. Is it standard Windows procedure to not copy hidden files when a folder is copied?
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.

The hidden files cannot be selected until they are visible.

Unless the whole folder is copied, of course, that the hidden and/or system files are located within.

I have no experience with Medisoft and have been advising you on general principles. If you would prefer to await an Expert with such experience, I will Opt Out at your request.

(I also, unfortunately, cannot offer Live Phone Call service at this time.)

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
thank you, ***** ***** that might work better. If you can, please Opt Out and let's see if we can get a Medisoft Expert.
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.

I have Opted Out. (This does not cut off communication, if you would like to resume or have any other query, I can still see it and respond.)

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Will it be possible to get a response on this question? No one has gotten back to me yet...