Hello, and thank you for using this service.
Are you running on a Mac or Windows ? If Windows, please tell me what version.
I will be the person helping you today.
I can see that you may need a little bit of extra help.
May I ask if you still need help with this problem? If so, may I start a screen sharing session on your computer and help you resolve the problem?
Once the remote session begins, we will be able to communicate via a chat window on your computer.
I have not given any answer, yet. I offered the remote request as a favor to you because the 'fix' here may be difficult to complete by yourself.
I can however, give you the instructions to follow.
I will start typing those instructions for you now.
We can first try resetting your configuration in LightRoom to it's defaults, as it appears that the preferences file is corrupt.
First, you will want to record any preferences that you wish to keep in Lightroom.
- In LightRoom, in the top menu bar, click Lightroom > Preferences
- Make a note of all the settings and close that window.
- In LightRoom, in the top menu bar, click Lightroom > Catalog Settings
- Check the "General" tab and make note of it's location.
Resetting the Preferences file:
- Close Lightroom before you continue.
- Go to the [username]\LibraryPreferences folder. Replace [username] with your username.
- Drag the com.adobe.Lightroom....plist file to the Trash folder.
- Now you can re-open Lightroom and open your catalog by choosing File > Open Catalog. Navigate to the folder location that you made note of earlier and open your catalog.
Did that work for you?
So as of right now, you cannot create a new catalog? Does Lightroom open?