Russell H., Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Proud to have been getting computer technicalities into working order since 1988.
13568747

The name is ***** *****. and since installing windows 10 I

Customer Question

Customer: The name is ***** *****. and since installing windows 10 I cannot open the virtual computer.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: The laptop is a toshiba Satellite Pro. It ran on windows 7 with a virtual running on XP. I installed windows 10 on (/18 and can't seem to get the virtual running any more.
JA: OK got it. Last thing – JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $36) to post your type of question to Computer Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. We can help you for less if you're not in a rush. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: I can wait a bit.
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Software
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

Windows 10 (and, Windows 8 also) does not support Windows XP Mode a.k.a. Virtual PC Mode.

However, it might be gotten working - sort of - on Windows 10, through instructions and maneuvers on this page:

http://www.download3k.com/articles/How-to-add-an-XP-Mode-Virtual-Machine-to-Windows-10-or-8-using-Hyper-V-00770

I hope this is some consolation for Microsoft having phased Windows XP Mode / Virtual PC Mode *out*, with Windows 8 and 10.