Viet - Computer Tech, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Ten years of computer software and hardware support; Windows 10 8 7 Vista XP & Mac.
30037186

I am in the process of configguring windows in a new HP

Customer Question

I am in the process of configguring windows in a new HP business desktop and I am up to the point of turning it on and looking for the desktop display. All I get is a logo with my name and a request for a password. I don't have a password ***** don't remember entering one during the configuration. I have tried numerous attempts at resetting a password ***** am told that my name and passwords don't match. My question is how can I go back and start with re-configuring the program and create a password. As an alternative, you might be able to tell me how I can find out if there is a password ***** installed and what that password *****
Thank you . my Email address is: ***@******.***
Category: Software
Expert:  Viet - Computer Tech replied 1 year ago.

I'm sorry about the issue. What's the model of your new HP business desktop?

Can you shut down the desktop, then turn it back on, then right away, keep pressing and releasing the key F11 quickly and repeatedly until the recovery menu appears, if any, then do a system recovery / factory reset there?

Please reply at the box below to continue. Thank you.