Quiksilver07070
Quiksilver07070, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Install, Update, troubleshoot and remove all types of software
63493917

I need to edit the create/encode date on a video file

Customer Question

I need to edit the create/encode date on a video file without affecting any of he other tags or exif data. How do I do this ?
Category: Software
Expert:  Quiksilver07070 replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome to JA, my name is ***** ***** I will be helping you today.

Are you wantng to change a file's modified date which works from inside File Explorer context menu. Are you aware of external tools like "Bulk File Changer" or "Petges" ?

If all you want to do is change the attribute, go with Petgres (link below), it changes many attributes not normally accessible.

http://www.petges.lu/home/

Is that what you were looking for? If not......can you explain in more detail what you are trying to do.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi,This isn't what I need. I have a video file created on a mobile device. The created date, encoded date and tagged gate on the file is incorrect and I wish to edit them only. It is possible to change these dates via a remux using mp4box or ffmpeg BUT this also changes other meta data/exif data like Handler ID or vendor due to the remuxing. Using the tool you mentioned only changes accessed/edited/modified dates viewable by the file system AND NOT the exif/meta data. Do you know how to edit the created/encoded/tagged dates on the EXIF/Metadata ?

Nope.

I will opt out, so a different expert can take a whack at this. Not sure if such a thing exists, but I've been wrong before.

Good Luck.