Jins M. N.
Jins M. N., Computer Hardware Engineer
Experience:  12+ years experience. Expert in installing and problem fixing of softwares.
50064670

How do I remove the dot of a question and replace it with a

Customer Question

how do I remove the dot of a question mark and replace it with a different object?
Category: Software
Expert:  caraleneK replied 1 year ago.

Hello. My name is***** will be providing an answer to your question today

Thank you very much for giving us an opportunity to help you. Sorry I need more info what program do you use ?

Waiting your feedback to help you

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
adobe illustrator newest version.
Expert:  caraleneK replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for the feedback will open your questing to one of the expert what can help you with adobe illustrator

Expert:  Jins M. N. replied 1 year ago.

Hello Sir/Madam. Thank you very much for giving us an opportunity to help you. I am Jins here to assist you. Please remember these things when we deal with your issue. It may take more than one step/answer to solve a problem. So If my answers don’t work or if you are not satisfied, please don’t Rate my answer as Bad or Poor Service, but please Reply back to me by clicking the “Continue Conversation” or “Reply” button and I will gladly continue to help. Remember, only Rate answer after you are 100% Satisfied. Please do not rate an answer, if you are not satisfied.

Can you please clarify your need ? Do you need to edit a font set and remove the dot from the question mark symbol ? or you need to remove the question mark's dot on an illustrator document ?

Regards

Jins

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I need to remove the question mark's dot on an illustrator document and replace it with a different graphic.
Expert:  Jins M. N. replied 1 year ago.

1. Convert the type to outlines (Cmd + Shift + O).
2. Draw a rectangle (or other shape) over the dot of question mark. (Use the Spacebar to position it before you release the mouse.)
3. Select both the type and the shape and go to Pathfinder > Intersect. Click the expand button afterwards.

Refer following tutorial also: http://haizdesign.com/adobe/slicing-text-in-illustrator/

Regards

Jins