Gary Jensen
Gary Jensen,
Experience:  Functional Systems Administrator at Hill Air Force Base, OO-ALC/309SMXG
13452844

I downloaded Windows10. I ca't get in because I do not know

Customer Question

I downloaded Windows10. I ca't get in because I do not know my password & I did not make a disk. This was done on my desktop. I can't get beyond that screen. I am on my iPad trying to find an answer.
Category: Software
Expert:  Gary Jensen replied 1 year ago.

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I am going to do my best to assist you tonight. Are you trying to upgrade your current operating system with windows 10? Is this part of the Microsoft upgrade program for Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8 or Windows 8.1?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No. I downloaded windows 10 earluer this week, Monday. It will not allow me to get into windiws now because I forgot my pswd & never made a disk

Are you referring to your computer administrator password, or the password ***** used on the site you purchased windows 10 from?

Did you purchase Windows 10 to install on a new system?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I installed it fee on my desktop computer . Saw the download on MSN site that is my homepage. I am referring to my Microsoft account pswd.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I guess it is my admin pswd.

Does the account you usually use to log in to your computer have administrator rights? Do you have an additional account that you use for administrator actions? If the account you log in to regularly has admin rights, you should be able to reset the administrator password. Do you need help with this?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.

Ok. What is your current Windows Operating system?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I never have to login. I turn my pc on & it goes to home page. I have a microsoft account and it is the password ***** it. I called & got a foreigner who couldn't speak English well. He said he would email me instructions . That was over an hour ago. Still have not heard from him.

So is it the Microsoft account password ***** have forgotten, or when it tries to install the Windows 10 upgrade, does it ask for administrator rights by requesting you log in to a computer administrator account?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No I will deal with Microsoft tomorrow. I cannot continue to pay for something

I will continue to try to help you..... It's just harder without being able to talk, but we can try if you are willing to work back and forth with me via this chat.

This is why I first would like you to tell me what operating system you are currently using. You can find this out by right-clicking on "My Computer" and selecting "Properties."

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I can't pay anymore money. Iit is on the Windows 10 screen. But it is asking for my microsoft acct pswd. It gave me a hint but nothing I tried worked.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I can't do anything on that screen. I have to get off & get ready for work.

Got it. If you cannot remember your microsoft account password, you will need to use the "forgot password" tools on Microsoft's site. Hopefully you can get them to reset the password ***** you and you can proceed. Good luck on this. If you think I can be of any further assistance, just let me know. My guess is that Microsoft support will be able to help you as I cannot do anything about Microsoft passwords.

This is Gary checking back. Have you been able to resolve your problem? I am still checking in to help you if I can.