flopcat98
flopcat98, Consultant
Experience:  Consultant 30 years in nyc computer industry working with PC and networks banks brokerage legal etc.
23372949

I need guidance using instantcake to format a new hard drive

Customer Question

I need guidance using instantcake to format a new hard drive for my Tevo 3. so fare the trouble is with identifying the drives for the installation software. uTrying to use my old Dell dimension 300 and a usb connected thermaltake hard drive cradle.
Category: Software
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I need guidance using instantcake to format a new hard drive for my Tevo 3. so fare the trouble is with identifying the drives for the installation software. Trying to use my old Dell dimension 3000 and a usb connected thermaltake hard drive cradle.
Additional info was included regarding the input required by Instantcake.
Expert:  flopcat98 replied 1 year ago.

you can probably get those answers looking in the setup bios for the computer.

the hda hdb hdc hdd are probably just hd for hard drive and the last letter is the drive letter that the computer has them on.

If it is an xp machine it is most likely IDE but you can check in the setup bios and it should show you what drive is what number ie drive 0 drive 1 and whether it is ide or sata

I am not going to be around for much longer today but i will be here tomorrow and i can get you my phone number so we can go through it together if you want to spend a bit more. If the program is running under windows than i can log in remotely to do it with you. If not and you have something like skype on a phone or tablet we can talk that way and i can get a look at the screen that way.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry - For some reason I never got notified of your response and have given up on the project.
Expert:  flopcat98 replied 1 year ago.

I am sorry the site did not notify you. Usually they send an email. I will let them know.

Please let me know if you want to continue with this or if there is anything else I can help you with

I would really appreciate if you would give me a good rating. That affects me personally rather than the site

If you would like a refund you can email***@******.***.

Thank you