Josh, Computer Enthusiast
Experience:  Software expert
50836188

Years there has been a Facebook page called Sunset Beach

Customer Question

For nine years there has been a Facebook page called Sunset Beach North Carolina. (There is a second, flopped, FB page with a comma after the word Beach. Ignore it.)
Sunset Beach North Carolina was set up by an employee of the main realty company on Sunset Beach. He is long gone. The FB page literally has served as the lifeline of the community. Many issues are discussed, much joy is shared, and my award-winning marine photos and those of other skilled photographers appear. People from around the country who vacation on Sunset Beach use the page, counting down days until their next arrival and sharing photos taken during their vacations. Information is shared about endangered and invasive species, the new and old bridges, etc.
About a week ago Facebook changed the page to a Public Places page. All of the priceless photos were erased. We are unable to post on the page. For example, I have a photo of dune erosion caused by the harvest moon Sunday. I cannot post it.
Is there a way we, a body of people stretching from coast to coast united in our love for this 3-mile island, can obtain an exception to let the page return to its former status? Thank you.
Category: Software
Expert:  Josh replied 1 year ago.

Hi!

Check to see if you can change the category back yourself..

1. Click About below your Page's cover photo
  2. Click Page Info in the left column
  3. Hover over the Category section and click Edit
  4. Select a category from the first dropdown menu, then select a more specific category from the second dropdown menu
  5. Click Save Changes