Dan, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  25 Years working with computer troubleshooting and networking. Comp TIA A-Plus Certified.
1567601

I own a Lenovo c280 which was a replacement ideacenter 540

Customer Question

I own a Lenovo c280 which was a replacement for an ideacenter 540 that failed 1 month after the warranty expired. The cost to repair was more than I paid for the computer so I looked for alternatives. Unfortunately I hooked up with a support group called IYogi. They agreed to sell me a replacement with all the same features but slightly smaller screen. Instead what they delivered was a model with no wireless and no touchscreen. Since they weren't about to be convinced the two models weren't similar, I threatened to cancel the purchase (credit card) and put the computer in a box on my porch where they could pick it up at their leisure. They finally agreed to give me a 2 year support contract for the cost of their standard 1 year package if I didn't cancel the purchase and sent an email (after considerable prodding on my part) stating the contract was valid until September 2016. Being inherently dishonest however, they didn't record the extension in their record and are now claiming my contract has expired. Their tech support people are pressuring me to purchase another contract (their sales and tech staff seem to be one in the same). I plan to call them today but need a backup plan since I expect the issue to remain unresolved. Can you recommend a US company with a record of providing legitimate, honest support for your products and the ability to remove all IYogi- installed programs and malware (their last message warning me of malware in my system included 4 of their own)? I also own a lenovo ultrabook ideapad so having dependable support is obviously important to me. Thank you.
Category: Software
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thank you for your question. I look forward to assisting you today. Wow! It sounds like you have been through more than your share just for what would be considered very poor support?? Just to clarify, you are looking for a manufacturer that will provide you with a good hardware warranty and tech support for a new computer purchase, is that correct?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No. I am looking for support for 2 existing computers.
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.

Are you looking for general tech support, or something more specific? If you are just looking for overall software and out of warranty hardware support, then you can find that here.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
General support for issues usually caused by a microsoft update (failure to acknowledge peripherals; failure to connect to wi-fi; reconnect drivers; internet connections, etc.
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.

For issues like you describe, you can get that type of support here. If you are looking for hardware coverage to go along with software support, I would recommend SquareTrade. They are pretty reasonable, usually much cheaper than the manufacturer warranty.