Drew
Drew, Software Specialist
Experience:  Using 30+ years of experience to help you get it working.
68433724

On rotaryelc.org, I cannot seem to use the testing server. I

Customer Question

On rotaryelc.org, I cannot seem to use the testing server. I get this...
Internal Server Error
The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.
Please contact the server administrator at***@******.*** to inform them of the time this error occurred, and the actions you performed just before this error.
More information about this error may be available in the server error log.
Category: Software
Expert:  Drew replied 1 year ago.

Hi. My name is Drew. I'm sorry you're having trouble. Are you the server administrator? If so, can you please tell me a bit about how your server is configured?

If you're just a person trying to reach the server from your PC, there is nothing you can do about this beyond informing the server administrator. This has nothing to do with your PC or web browser. It is an actual problem with the web server itself.

Cheers,

Drew

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Who is the server? Is that the web host?

Expert:  Drew replied 1 year ago.

Yes. The server is the machine that's hosting the web site. From the error message, it sounds like it's running the Apache web server software.

Cheers,

Drew

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I am talking about localhost on my machine

Expert:  Drew replied 1 year ago.

OK. So your testing Apache on your machine? What operating system is on your machine? Windows? One of the various Linux distributions? Something else?

What is in your Apache error_log file and your access_log file after receiving that error? Something is not right in your Apache config and there should be some clues in those files.

Cheers,

Drew

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

But I don't have a problem with any of my other websites...just this one.

Expert:  Drew replied 1 year ago.

OK, so we need to look at the log file for this web site. The defaults are error_log and access_log but you may have directed them to different files. In any event, assuming you are using Apache, there is something wrong in your config for this site and we need to figure out what it is. The log files will hold the clues.

Cheers,

Drew

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Is this something that we can do on JoinMe?

Expert:  Drew replied 1 year ago.

That would probably be easiest. However I'm not in a place where I can do that at the moment and won't be available for that for several hours. Let me open this up to the other experts who may be able to help you now.

Cheers,

Drew

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

OK