Dustin, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  I have vast experience with configuring & repairing and utilizing software.Also worked in The US Army as A Network Switching Systems Operator/Controller
19897260

I'd like to convert Pagemaker 4.0 files to Indesign as you

Customer Question

I'd like to convert Pagemaker 4.0 files to Indesign as you did for someone else. Can you still do this?
Category: Software
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

Hi there,

You can open the Pagemaker files using CS6.

If you have a subscription to CC (which I assume you do, because you have InDesign), then you can get CS6 as part of that. Here’s how: http://indesignsecrets.com/download-cs6-cc-subscription.php

So just install CS6 from Creative Cloud then go to File > Open in InDesign to open the PageMaker files.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Pete,If it would have been that simple, I would have done it. The files are Pagemaker 4.0 and InDesign will only open 6.0 or 7.0. I tried it and the file is grey, meaning it doesn't recognize the file.Another computer tech guy at JustAnswer.com did it for someone else. Can you do it? That's what I was willing to pay $30 for. See this link: http://www.justanswer.com/mac-computers/3hm1h-really-old-pagemaker-files-need-open-indesign.html.Let me know.Ghislain
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

Hi Ghislain,

You will need someone with an old Mac and an older version of Pagemaker running on it.

I will return this question to the question list so that someone else can assist you.

Best,

Pete.

Expert:  Dustin replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to assist you.

How many files do you need to convert? 1 ? A dozen ? A hundred ?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Dustin,I only have one file.Ghislain
Expert:  Dustin replied 1 year ago.

Excellent.

Can you upload the file to wikisend.com, or mediafire.com, or share it with me from your one drive, or google drive.

That way I can convert it for you and send it back.

**Note** if you have links or files that should be part of the pagemaker file. Make sure you move all those links and files into the same folder, a new and separate folder. And then upload the entire folder so I can down load it. Basically, to properly convert the file I need access to all the pieces that make up that file.

D.S