ChrisC
ChrisC, Computer Enthusiast
Experience:  15 years as a professional computer technician.
56108293

Since installing windows 10 from 8.1 my PC has slowed down

Customer Question

Since installing windows 10 from 8.1 my PC has slowed down to a crawl. Can I fix that or if not how do I get back to windows 8.1?
Category: Software
Expert:  ChrisC replied 1 year ago.

Hi there, my name is ***** ***** I'll be happy to help you today. Just let me know when you're in the chat.

Expert:  ChrisC replied 1 year ago.

You seem to be away from your computer at the moment so I will leave the answer for you and step away.

Expert:  ChrisC replied 1 year ago.

If your computer is running very slowly after upgrading to Windows 10, it seems that something may have gone wrong during the installation or there may be a compatibility issue of some sort between your machine and Windows 10. In that case, rolling back to Windows 8.1 would be the best solution. As long as it has not been more than a month since the upgrade, you should be able to follow these steps:

1. Click on the Start Button in the lower left and then click on Settings --> Update and Security --> Recovery.

2. You should then see an option to "Go back to Windows 8.1." Just select that option and follow the prompts.

It should be just that simple. If you run into any roadblocks or have any further questions, feel free to let me know. I will get back with you as soon as possible.

And if you found this helpful, please remember to rate the answer at least 3 stars/OK Service for me so that I receive credit for assisting you.