Mr.Med
Mr.Med, software engineer
Experience:  if you have any questions about softwares please contact me
76221641

USING A FLASH DRIVE WILL TAKE FOREVER. I HAVE MANY FILES AND

Customer Question

USING A FLASH DRIVE WILL TAKE FOREVER. I HAVE MANY FILES AND CONTACTS, ETC TO TRANSFE. WHAT IT WAY TO TRANSFER?
Category: Software
Expert:  Mr.Med replied 1 year ago.

Ok, hold on please

Thanks

Expert:  Mr.Med replied 1 year ago.

Solution 1 : Sharing files

First Verify that your 2 computers are connected to your wireless router and same network.

Go to My Computer in windows 7. Select and right-click on the hard drive or folder/file you want to transfer to the other computer then click Properties, Click on the Sharing tab in the Properties dialog box. Select the Advanced Sharing button.

Check the box at the top that says Share this Folder or Change Advanced Sharing Settings. and Click Apply when you are done.

Log on to your other computer (windows 10) . Go to the Start menu and select Network in your list of default options. Look for your other computer (windows 7) on the list of connected computers. Double click on that computer.

Find the files that have been shared on your other computer (windows 7). Drag or copy them onto your new computer (windows 10) to transfer.

Solution 2 : Using Windows Easy Share

Purchase an easy transfer cable from an online store or electronics store (ebay or amazon for example) .This is a special male-to-male USB cable that enables you to transfer files directly between PCs.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Belkin-Windows-Easy-Transfer-Cable/dp/B002L5S6VW

On windows 7, click start and type : Windows Easy Transfer and click on it, once it open, please Click “Next” on your first screen. Select This is my old computer. select items and data you want to transfer then select the option An easy transfer cable

On windows 10, do the same and select This is my new computer. and select the option An easy transfer cable

Once the process is complete, the new files should be transferred and available on your windows 10.

Solution 3 : Uploading your data to an online backup (cloud backup) :

From windows 7 login or open a new account on google drive (or dropbox) and upload all your files to you account, once you finish, please start your windows 10 and login to your google drive account and download your files.

to create an account please click on this link : https://www.google.com/drive/

Hope this help

let me know if you need further help

Thank you

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I USED SOLUTION 1 AND MADE CONNECTION BUT CANNOT MAKE CONNECTION BECAUSE I DON'T HAVE PERMISSION TO HAVE ACCESS
Expert:  Mr.Med replied 1 year ago.

Are you receiving any type of error message please?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
JUST THAT I DON'T HAVE PERMISSION TO ACCESS. HOW DO I GET IT?
Expert:  Mr.Med replied 1 year ago.

ok you need to get full control on the folders or files you want to share. Would you like me to set up a remote session (NO extra charge), which will allow me to connect directly to your screen and assist you quickly with this ?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I AGREE TO REMOTE SESSION AT NO COST BUT WOULD LIKE TO DO IT TOMARROW . HOW DO WE ARRANGE IT?
Expert:  Mr.Med replied 1 year ago.

Ok we can continue tomorrow, just save this link of our conversation to your computer :

http://professional.justanswer.com/chat/index/9afd30e926e2414b9865b7d0c2200cce

You can also try to get full control on folder or files you want to share by following the steps in this link : http://www.howtogeek.com/school/windows-network-sharing/lesson7/all/

Thank you

Expert:  Mr.Med replied 1 year ago.

Note : Please do not Rate an answer as poor or bad service until we finished with the session. Once you are satisfied please RATE 4 or above. only Rate answer after you are 100% Satisfied. if we cant help you solve the issue you will be entitled to a full refund.

Expert:  Mr.Med replied 1 year ago.

has everything worked out please, do you still need help? . When you are available, please reply at the box below to continue.

Thank you