Michael Hannigan
Michael Hannigan, IT Expert
Experience:  25+ Years Experience in Field. MCSE, ICCP. Software Integration and Deployment Expert
23511658

I have a SSIS package which generate excel file on c drive

Customer Question

I have a SSIS package which generate excel file on c drive every night .File format VC_mmddyyy.xslx. I need a take this file and upload to sftp ,so I need a some ExportVC.bat file ,for example ,which can execute from my ssis package.
Category: Software
Expert:  Michael Hannigan replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is Michael. I can help you with your question. You can use FTP from the SSIS package.

Drag the FTP Task component on the designer window

Now double click on the component. This will open the FTP Task Editor.

Using this window, one can establish a new FTP connection manager; configure the task for a specific FTP operation (such as Send Files, Receive Files etc.) and also add any expression to change the behavior of the task execution.

Alternatively, you can use the command line FTP client with an FTP script to upload to the site you need. For example, a simple FTP script would just include the FTP commands like this:

open 11.11.11.11
user
guest
guest
put file1
quit

That would be saved into the .scr file, then you can run the script like this:

ftp -s:test.scr

Let me know if you still have questions. I will help until your question is completely answered.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I can't do it because it not FTP it a SFTP and SSIS not support SFTP ,FTP task is not working, that why I need a script

SFTP is quite a different story. Sorry, but you had not mentioned that in your original question. In order to automate this, you will need "passwordless" authentication - authentication using a key only. Are you able to get that set up on the server side?