Dustin, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  I have vast experience with configuring & repairing and utilizing software.Also worked in The US Army as A Network Switching Systems Operator/Controller
19897260

I need to print out a 60 day bank statement. There are a few

Customer Question

I need to print out a 60 day bank statement. There are a few things on it I do not want this thrid party to see. Is there any way to edit it?
Category: Software
Expert:  Dustin replied 1 year ago.

Welcome to Justanswer.com, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to assist you.

Before we discuss the how, I need to ask some background questions about your system.

1. What type of computer will you be printing from, Windows XP, Windows 7, Windows 10 , a Mac?
  2. What is the full name brand and model of your printer.
  3. When you download your bank statement, does it download as a txt document, pdf, xls, .doc, jpeg, etc?

Please answer the questions above to the best of your ability.

Now as far as this third party goes and editing the document. Are you just wanting to remove certain entries or change values? And is this legitimate / legal ?

Thank you,

Dustin S.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Windows 7, HP deskjet 1010 is the printer. And I just realised it can't be downloaded just printed. And I just want 2 transactions removed not change values
Expert:  Dustin replied 1 year ago.

Please do not mention your account name or any identifying details. But what bank or website are you trying to download / print the statement from?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
CIBC
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'd love to do this over the phone but I have no money left in my account..lol
Expert:  Dustin replied 1 year ago.

Im not familair with that banking website. And unfortunately their support pages force you to sign in, which I cant do since I dont have an account.

So Im not sure if there is a way to download your statements as pdf so they can then be edited.. There should be.

With that being said, if your printer has a scanner.. What you may be able to do is print the page. Then scan the page.

Then open the scanned page in Microsoft paint. Then use the selection tool, drag a box around the entry you want to delete. Then right click and delete the entry. If you dont want it to look like you deleted entries, just make sure that when you drag the box and delete the entries, that you are going all the way to the left and right edges of the scanned paper. With a little practice, you can make it look right.

Or, you could just use the black marker effect, and mark over the entries you dont want seen. It would show them that way as struck out, but after you print it back out. There would be no way for the other party to remove the cover up you added digitally.

It just depends whether your concerns is covering the entries so t hey are seen but covered, or if you want to remove them entirely.

If you have further questions, let me know~

I strive to provide great service, and greatly appreciate a rating of excellent ( 5 stars ) selected and submitted below this answer or at the top right of the screen. I always answer follow up questions.

Dustin S.

Senior Technician and Network Switching Systems Operator / Maintainer.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I need them to be done completely. And I don't have a scanner. So that sucks: ( do I still have to pay for your answer as it was my last $80 and didn't realize I couldn't download from my bank.