Jess M., Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Computer Software Support specialist for more that 10 years
49766785

My Norton Account has expired, I have tried to renew no

Customer Question

My Norton Account has expired, I have tried to renew no luck. My husband is deceased and the old account was in his***@******.***. I do not know the password.
What do I do?
Category: Software
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.

Hi, welcome and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I am glad to assist you today.

I am very sorry about your issues. Yes, in order to access your subscription information and pay for renewals for your Norton software, you need to first sign in to your Norton account. If it was your husband's account, you can reset it but then the reset link will be sent to his registered email account, which you mentioned to be an MSN account. And I believe your problem now is accessing that account?

Here are my suggestions:

1. It will be hard to reset your husband's email account or Norton account because you will be asked for information that only your husband knew, so it will be very hard to guess what information he entered there in those accounts when he created them. So I suggest that you just create your own Norton account and use it to register your Norton product.
  2. If you are using a home computer, I do not suggest paying for a security software subscription since there is a free one that I can recommend that will work best for you. I am referring to Avast Free version for home users. I have been using it for more than a decade already and it has protected my systems very well.

I do not know which option you want, but if you prefer for the second option I recommended, I can remotely access your computer so that I can directly install it for you while you watch.

Remote access is an optional additional service offer with a minimal one-time flat fee ($15) regardless of how long it will take me to fix the problem. We can resume any time without additional cost. It is safe as you will be watching your screen and we can chat right there, and it will be a faster mode of help.

Please let me know if you want this remote option. If not, please reply to me below, a rating is only required when we are finished.

Thank you.

Best regards,
Jess