Russell H., Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Proud to have been getting computer technicalities into working order since 1988.
13568747

WHEN I SET THE DIMENSION DIALOG TEXT HEIGHT TO 5/32 IN AND

Customer Question

WHEN I SET THE DIMENSION DIALOG TEXT HEIGHT TO 5/32 IN AND APPLY, THEN WHEN I DRAW A DIMENSION, THEN EXPLODE THE DIMENSION, THE TEXT HEIGHT IS 3/16 NOT 5/32.WHAT IS GOING ON ?
Category: Software
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

Perhaps, at an initial guess, the software 'rounded to 16ths' at some point.

But I'd rather not guess, so I need to ask, please: What software are you doing this work in ?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
AUTOCAD 2007. I DID GO TO DIMENSION DIALOG BOX AND SET ACCURACY TO 1/32 INSTEAD OF 1/16 BUT THIS DID NOT SOLVE PROBLEM.
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.

Try going to

Style and Standard Editor (if it exists in your version).

Make sure that the

Precision

field in the Default Standard branch, in the Units tab,

is set to

0

not to some larger quantity.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I AM NOT AT MY AUTOCAD COMPUTER NOW. I WILL TRY WHAT YOU SAY LATER TODAY AND GET BACK WITH YOU. THANKS
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I COULD NOT FIND STYLE AND STANDARD EDITOR. I DID FIND A UNITS TAB AND SET TO 0. THIS DID NOT FIX THE PROBLEM.
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.

I am sorry to hear that. I have no further suggestions to make, and am Opting Out of this case, opening it to other Experts - specifically those that know AutoCAD software and its settings and configuration as a running program.