Pete, Computer Expert
Experience:  CISCO certified computer and networking expert
30970729

BOXCRYPTOR DROPBOX PROBLEM i have dropbox, which has some

Customer Question

BOXCRYPTOR DROPBOX PROBLEM i have dropbox, which has some folders with hundreds of documents. The dropbox is within boxcryptor. Problems: 1. Most serious: often, i can't find a file that i know is in a particular folder. it just doesn't appear on antoher
computer, and these are documents that were in that file for a while, not recently uploaded. 2. i chose setting that everything put into boxcryptor is to be automatically encrypted. Let's say I have a folder called Articles containing PDFs. But boxcryptor
often creates a new folder Articles_encrypted.
Category: Software
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

Hi there,

Maybe that folder location has not been added to the Index-Options of your operating system (e.g. Windows).

Let me know if you have added the folder location and if that improves the search?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I Don't understand.. *which* folder do you suspect has not been added.and exacty where? Please show me a picture of what the spot should look like
Thanks!!!
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

It would be the folder that contains the documents which are not appearing in the search - exactly where will depend on what operating system you are using.

What OS are you using?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ANSWERS:
You asked about Index-Options of your operating system (e.g. Windows). You asked where the Dropbox folder was located, and which Operating System I'm using.1.) Dropbox folder location:a.- General location C:\Users\MyName
b. -Within Boxcryptor: X:\2.) Boxcryptor's Location:
X:\2.)
Operating System: FYI:
a. this problem started last year when I updated my Boxcryptor. I was in Windows 7 all 3. At that time a local IT repair consultant said it was cuz I had some Dropbox folders in Boxcryptor and others not. He uninstalled Boxcryptor, updated it and put the entire Dropbox into Boxcryptor. Now, Dropbox is completely in Boxcryptor. To reach Dropbox I enter Boxcrytor, then Dropbox.Files started disappearing again 4 months ago while in Win 7,Win8, Win8.1. Again, the files go missing *intermittently* for 1 - 2 days without apparent pattern, and usually come back in a few days, for no apparent reason.Operating Systems:
When started, 3 PCs - May 2014
Win7, Win7, Win7
then was fixed by inserting entire Dropbox folder into Boxcryptor.Problem reappeared Intermittently May 2015 with configuration:
Win7, Win8.1, Win8and it continues with September 2015 with configuration:
Win7, Win7, Win8, Win8.1, Win10 (got 2 new PCs lately)