flopcat98
flopcat98, Consultant
Experience:  Consultant 30 years in nyc computer industry working with PC and networks banks brokerage legal etc.
23372949

I am getting an error message stating my resource shortcuts

Customer Question

I am getting an error message stating my resource shortcuts are currently disabled and I am trying to use citrix. I have windows 7 64 bit.
I was able to fix the problem a couple of days ago but after I shut down my computer and signed on again, I had the same problem. I need to have this fixed permanently so that each time I turn on my computer and log on, I do not have this problem.
Category: Software
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
How much longer for the answer? It has been over an hour and I have been told on more than 1 occasion that it would only take 8 mins on the web site.Thanks for your reply in advance
Expert:  flopcat98 replied 1 year ago.

if you know what you did to fix it i might be able to figure out why it didnt stay

otherwise you can try doing a system restore to a time when it was working every day

System restore instructions - windows 7 or 8 8.1

hold the windows logo key down and hit R
type rstrui.exe in the run box that comes up and hit enter

select restore to an earlier date.

Under the "suggested restore" which is usually not old enough to help is a link for "OTHER RESTORE POINTS"
click that if the suggested ones are not BEFORE THE PROBLEM STARTED

choose a date that is BEFORE you experienced the problem

hit ok / restore

the computer will start to shut down

a restoring settngs box will appear with a status bar

when it finishes your computer will restart with the same settings it had on the date you restored to. your data will not be affected.

It is not perfect. But it fixes a lot of things.