technicalcat
technicalcat, Consultant
Experience:  20 years combined corporate and small business experience.
65369237

I have tried 10 but have gone back to 7 because my DVB-T300

Customer Question

I have tried 10 but have gone back to 7 because my DVB-T300 series PCI tuner card wont run on 10 . There does not seem to be updated drivers available. Is there a solution as I use this card regularly and would like to upgrade.
Category: Software
Expert:  technicalcat replied 1 year ago.

Hello, and thank you for using this service.

This appears to be an old PCI tuner. About 10 years old in fact. The available drivers seem to indicate limited 64 bit compatibility to vista. Are you running 64 bit Windows 7 with the device WORKING, or is it a 32 bit install?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am running 64 bit Windows 7 and it works fine

Well that's good, and fairly rare, that is runs well with a 64 bit OS. I have been using and building "media center" computers since XP MCE 2005.

Even though this tuner you have happens to work with Windows 7 64, doesn't mean that it isn't very old and essentially obsolete. I have had several similar tuners have issues as I moved from XP, vista, 7, and 8. Your best plan would be to replace that tuner with a newer one that will suit your needs and be compatible with Windows 8 (and likely 10).

If you would like , and could tell me exactly what your needs are for this video device, I could steer you to a good replacement. Costs on most of these are fairly low, especially if you are just needing an analog or digital OTA or cable set top box type setup. The more expensive devices nowadays are the cable card type units.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I would need a unit that will record free to air digital TV, is programmable for startup and shutdown and maybe can also record video.
Please advise your suggestion.

What country do you live in?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sydney Australia

Thanks. Are you planning on , or were you already using Windows media center software? It is now available in Windows 10 as well. If you were previously using some bundled software with your existing tuner, then a close match will be difficult. In most cases with a Windows computer, people will use the tuner device with media center, and then the interface and features are relatively the same, regardless of the make and model of your tuner.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I use the software that comes w ith the card which works fine for my needs.