Michael Norman
Michael Norman, Information Systems Manager
Experience:  Director of Technology
77547562

WHILE SETTING THE ASPECT ON MY NEW SCREEN SOME HOW I SET IT

Customer Question

WHILE SETTING THE ASPECT ON MY NEW SCREEN SOME HOW I SET IT WRONG AND I CAN'T RESET IT TO WORK. MY DWG IS ALONG THE BOTTOM OF THE SCREEN.
Category: Software
Expert:  Michael Norman replied 1 year ago.

Hello. My name is Mike. I'd like to try and assist you with your issue. Is this for a computer monitor or a TV screen?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the aspect is a setting made thru the config menu to make the viewing without distortion. I set it wrong and i don't have control of the grid or limits command

Yes. I understand. But if the screen is connected to your computer then you simply need to right click anywhere on the desktop and go to the display settings to change it.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ON LINE 3 OF THE AUTOCAD CONFIG MENU IT, TELLS ABOUT THE ASPECT RATIO SET SO CIRCLES LOOK ROUND AND RECTANGLES LOOK SQUARE. THIS IS WHAT I WAS ADJUSTING SO THE SCREEN LOOKS PROPER. I HAVE TO GO NOW CAN WE TAKE THIS ON MONDAY MORNING? THANKS

The aspect ration you are referring to is your screen resolution. Follow the instructions I provided and you choose different screen resolutions the most commonly used are 1920X1080 or 1600x1200.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
WHAT HAPPENED TO MY PHONE CALL? I HAVE NOT SOLVED MY PROBLEM WITH THE GRID AND CROSS HAIRS

I provided you information on how to change your screen resolution. You did not state that you were using AutoCAD in the beginning, and AutoCAD is not in my area of expertise. I will opt out and allow another expert to try and assist you.