flopcat98
flopcat98, Consultant
Experience:  Consultant 30 years in nyc computer industry working with PC and networks banks brokerage legal etc.
23372949

A few weeks ago, I created a back up copy of my google

Customer Question

A few weeks ago, I created a back up copy of my google account. Today when I tried to manage the information, I received an error code that says:
404. That’s an error.
The requested URL was not found on this server. That’s all we know.
Here is what I backed up:
20 products
64.9 MB
August 30, 2015
Activity
August 30, 2015 at 11:21 AM (2601:8a:4302:9000:e5ab:b8a8:da37:7916): Created
Products included
+1s
Bookmarks
Calendar
ContactsvCard format
DrivePDF and 3 other formats
Google Photos
Google Play BooksHTML format
Google+ CirclesvCard format
Google+ PagesHTML format
Google+ StreamHTML format
Hangouts
Helpouts
Keep
Location HistoryJSON format
Mail
Maps (your places)
Messenger
Profile
Tasks
YouTubeOPML (RSS) format
Category: Software
Expert:  flopcat98 replied 1 year ago.

how did you back up the account and where did you back it up to?

is this backup what you can not access or is it the main google account that you can not access ?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
On Google website, it said create an archive, so I did, then it asked to save to google drive or email to your account, I decided to email to my account, then I forwarded the email to another gmail account. When I tried to open I received the error code 404
Expert:  flopcat98 replied 1 year ago.

i would just create the archive again and try putting it on google drive and copy it from there. But tbh it doesnt sound like much of a backup. In my opinion backup methods should be straight forward super easy and never fail. This is what you are counting on when everything else is gone. if it has problems once, its not dependable enough to be trusted as a backup.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The problem is the backed up copy was sensitive and a co worker was logging in on my computer so after I made the back up, I deleted the information, know the information was in the achive. I can't now re back up
Expert:  flopcat98 replied 1 year ago.

i think i am going to have to opt out for now i am not sure what type of backup it was and if it was even designed to work after you deleted the original account.

somebody else may have used that and can help you easier. If nobody picks up for you i will come back and do some research on it for you.

Expert:  flopcat98 replied 1 year ago.

I have done some research and I have some really bad news

What happened when you asked if to email you rather than put it on one drive is that you never got the actual data. Instead the archive was left on the Google servers and you were emailed a link that you could use to download it to your computer

That would have worked EXCEPT that Google only stores it there for a week. Whether you download it or not Google deletes the copy on their servers after 7 days

You can try to recover deleted emails in the original account. If they are no longer in the trash folder you can fill out the form on this page

https://support.google.com/mail/contact/missingemails?rd=1