Michael Hannigan
Michael Hannigan, IT Expert
Experience:  25+ Years Experience in Field. MCSE, ICCP. Software Integration and Deployment Expert
23511658

I recently came across a video on YouTube and found an

Customer Question

Hello! I recently came across a video on YouTube and found an effect that I would like to use in my video. It is shown at the beginning of the video, where the boxes are dropping with text in them. Not sure quite how to explain it, so here is the link. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=waVmXBiAZ6E She also uses transitions that would be considered "wipes" but I'm not sure how she got them to change colors. Are these effects already pre-made in final cut pro or is it something I have to purchase / download on fx factory? I'm definitely still a newbie at this Thanks for the help!
Category: Software
Expert:  Michael Hannigan replied 1 year ago.

hello. My name is***** can help you with your question. Most of the transitions that you see if not all of the transitions that you see are included in Final Cut Pro. While FX factory adds quite a bit of content in terms of special effects and different transitions etc. – the things they are talking about – for the simple things that they are doing that video, you should be able to do them in Final Cut Pro. The wipes for certain are already in Final Cut Pro.the one thing you may not find in Final Cut Pro already built are the flipping boards with text on them. Those look like they are something custom. But you do have the tools in there to create your own effects like this. And FX factory does add the ability to create special effects like this. So, if you want to do your own custom effects then I would suggest getting FX factory as well. You should be able to try it out before you buy it just so you know what you're getting and whether or not you use it.