Drew
Drew, Software Specialist
Experience:  Using 30+ years of experience to help you get it working.
68433724

All of my events in my Yahoo calendar have disappeared. I've

Customer Question

Hello. All of my events in my Yahoo calendar have disappeared. I've gone 3 weeks now without access. I have a business account with Yahoo so they have "escalated" the issue, which I now understand is a joke since their front line people are outsourced and give me the same "working on it" BS every time I call. I have given up on them fixing it. I thought it was a sync issue with my iPhone/iPad however I cannot even pull up the data on the yahoo site under my login. My business and personal life are failing as a result of this. All events in my life are stored on their servers and unfortunately, because I assumed that because my data was housed with one of the largest ISP's in existence, therefore THIS could never happen...I never did back up the data anywhere else. I thought I had on my iCloud but Apple corrected me stating that is not the case because Yahoo is a 3rd party. AWESOME! FML as they say!....and they sure have done a wonderful job of it. Trying not to be dramatic and stay on point but suffice it to say, my entire professional life is on the brink of collapse because of this and I have no where else to turn. I am absolutely desperate to find someone who can help me restore this content! ANY ideas??? I can see from various blogs and forums that this is a problem that has affected many so someone out there has to have found a solution and gotten their lives and businesses back on track. I beg you - please HELP!
Category: Software
Expert:  Drew replied 1 year ago.

Hi. I can only imagine how frustrating this must be and I'm sorry you're having trouble. I did some searching to see if I could help. While I found nothing definitive, in general it seems that syncing iOS devices and Yahoo with CalDAV is not a good idea.

There is some information in this thread that seems to have helped some people:

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/3186946?start=90&tstart=0

Please let me know if any of the ideas in that thread help. Meanwhile, I will keep searching and post here if I find something relevant.

Cheers,

Drew