Drew
Drew, Software Specialist
Experience:  Using 30+ years of experience to help you get it working.
68433724

I get an error message when I try to open a WPWIN file that

Customer Question

I get an error message when I try to open a WPWIN file that is a few years ole. The error message reads "The Windows registration database does not contain the information necessary to run an OLE2.0 application such as WPWIN. Registering the information contained in OLE2.reg may fix this problem." Is there a free way to correct this problem? My OS is Windows XP SP3.
Category: Software
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The Windows Registration Database does not contain the information necessary to run an OLE2.0 application such as WPWIN. Registering the information contained in OLE2.Reg may fix this problem
Expert:  Drew replied 1 year ago.

Which version of Word Perfect do you have on your computer?

Have you searched your computer for the OLE2.reg file? If you have one, it is likely in the same directory as your WordPerfect installation. If you find it there, simply double clicking on it should "register the information".

Please let me know if this works for you.

Cheers,

Drew

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Word Perfect Office 12 is the program. My OS is Windows XP SP3. There is no OLE2.reg file on my computer, at least I haven't been able to find one, even in the Word Perfect Office 12 folder.
Expert:  Drew replied 1 year ago.

Do you have the original installation disks?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Absolutely!.
Expert:  Drew replied 1 year ago.

You could try reinstalling or repairing with those. That should fix anything that's gotten out of whack.

Expert:  Drew replied 1 year ago.

Just to be clear, I mean the original Word Perfect disks. Not the original XP disks.

If it were me, I'd try reinstalling/repairing Word Perfect first. Hopefully that will resolve your issue.

If you choose to try it, please let me know how it goes.

Cheers,

Drew

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Well, I'll give that a try a little later this afternoon. I have a client that just walked in and wants to talk with me so I have to go for the time being. Can you send me an e-mail where I can get back in touch with you?
Expert:  Drew replied 1 year ago.

I would but unfortunately I can't as it would violate my terms with JustAnswer. I'm going to be out for a few hours myself. However if you reply here, I will receive it when I return.

Expert:  Drew replied 1 year ago.

Hi. I was wondering if you had a chance to reinstall WP and if that resolved your issue?

Cheers,

Drew