Drew
Drew, Software Specialist
Experience:  Using 30+ years of experience to help you get it working.
68433724

I'm trying to use content-aware fill (one of my favorite

Customer Question

I'm trying to use content-aware fill (one of my favorite tools in the previous version!). I select the area, but the Edit > Fill option is grayed out. The layer is not locked. I added a layer and tried it, and then I got the option, but it told me Could not fill because there are not enough opaque source pixels. What's going on??
Category: Software
Expert:  Drew replied 1 year ago.

Hi, my name is***** note that I am not a Photoshop expert. However I noticed your question and I was curious so I did a Google search and turned up some information on the Adobe Forums that may help you. Thus I wanted to share it but if it doesn't apply to your situation, please don't give me a negative rating. Just let me know and I'll opt out so someone else with more Photoshop experience can assist.

OK, so with that, I found this explanation on the Adobe Forums:

if you have a selection and your active layer is empty, Content Aware will give you that error. As it needs 'opaque source pixels (in your current layer)' to work. For solid colors, switch from Content Aware to one of the other modes.

The complete thread is here:

https://forums.adobe.com/thread/1248851

I hope this helps.

Cheers,

Drew

Expert:  Drew replied 1 year ago.

Hi. I'm just checking in to see if you were able to get things working. Please let me know.

Cheers,

Drew