Hello and welcome to Justanswer my name is ***** ***** i will be assisting you today
I'm sorry about the issue, What is your operating system please (windwows 7, 8 or 10) and which browser (internet explorer, chrome, ect..) you are using ?
Are you there please?
Usually, Ask search engine (ask.com) is promoted via other free programs and once installed on your computer; they will hijack your browser homepage and replace your default search engine.
1-To remove ASK search please follow these steps :
For windows 7 :
- Click the "Start" button and select "Control Panel"- Click "Uninstall a Program" option found under the "Programs" category- Select the program with the Ask logo and the text "Ask Toolbar"- Click "Remove"
For Windows 8:
- Go to Charm bar (Windows key+C) and then” Settings”, then "Control Panel"- Choose “Programs and Features”- Choose the Ask toolbar and delete it
For Windows Vista:
- Close all open Web browsers- From the "Start" menu in Windows, select "Control Panel"- Under the "Programs" icon, select "Uninstall a program"- Select the program with the Ask logo and the text "Ask Toolbar"- Click "Uninstall" and then "Continue" to remove the ToolbarFor Windows XP:
- From the "Start" menu in Windows, select "Control Panel"- Click on "Add/Remove Programs".- Select the program with the Ask logo and the text "Ask Toolbar"- Click "Change/Remove"
2-Once you finish uninstalling Ask search, you need to remove it from your Internet Browser :
Internet Explorer :
• Launch Internet Explorer browser and click the option Tools.• Choose the option Manage Add-ons from the sub menu that opens.• From the Manage Add-ons window, locate Ask toolbar and remove the check mark in the box for Enabled.
• Select Search Providers. First of all, choose another search engine (Google, yahoo, Bing) and make it your default search provider (set as default).
Then select Ask Search and click Remove button to uninstall it (lower right corner of the window).• Restart Internet Explorer.
please see this picture : http://www.lavasoft.com/mylavasoft/sites/default/files/images/2_3.png
Mozilla Firefox :
• Open Mozilla Firefox and go to Extensions.• Locate Ask Toolbar from the list of add-ons. Mozilla provides you with two options. You can either Remove the toolbar or Disable it temporarily. Click any of the options.• After that, go to Firefox, and then choose Help, and then Troubleshooting information and then Reset Firefox.
Google Chrome :
• Launch Google Chrome and click the icon located on the right top corner.• Select the option Settings from the sub menu.• Click on Extensions from the left pane of the Windows, which is located just above the option Settings.• You may Disable the toolbar by removing the check mark from the option Enabled. If you wish to remove the toolbar, click the recycle bin icon found next to the Enabled option.
Click on Chrome menu button once again. Select Settings.• Click Manager Search engines button under Search.• Select Google or any other search engine you like from the list and make it your default search engine provider.
• Select Ask Search from the list and remove it by clicking the "X" mark as shown in the image below.
Let me know if you need further help