Russell H., Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Proud to have been getting computer technicalities into working order since 1988.
13568747

I am trying to restore my Satellite laptop after down

Customer Question

Hello again. I am trying to restore my Satellite laptop after down loading windows 10 and it wiped my os and am getting an error message:
cannot find X:\BIN\ERRORDIALOG.EXE. What do I do?
Category: Software
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

First, I want to check: is all the data lost off the hard disk on your computer?

If not, by all means, copy it off if you can - it might be necessary to wipe the whole hard disk completely, and in any case your data is at risk.

As to any message about

X:\BIN\anythingatall

that by its look would reference an error message from some routine run from a CD or DVD drive/disc. The 'X' is used because

A. the error message is hard-written on the CD

B. and so it is invariant despite the routine being run could be run from a great many different 'drive letters' - so 'X' instead of 'D:' or 'E:' etc.

Perhaps such an error appears owing to your running the routine from the 'wrong' (speaking loosely) drive letter.

But unless that error message stops the process dead, I wouldn't worry too much about it... but that's the question: is the disc routine stopped by that 'cannot find' error ?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Do not charge me.... I fixed it myself. Your site kept freezing and not allowing me to proceed.
I will agree to the 5.00 charge but will dispute the 43.00 charge. I went to my laptop manufacturer to fix it.
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.

Are you sure you don't need any further advice?

I have no power over charges, billing, and that sort of thing. As a JustAnswer Expert I try to render professional advice in answer to questions.

For any concerns about billing, I must refer you to Customer Support at JustAnswer.com, which will respond to any inquiry with reasonable promptness, I feel sure:

http://ww2.justanswer.com/contact-us

Thank you for bringing you question to us here at JustAnswer.com.