Richard, Software Specialist
Experience:  Over 15 year experience in Computers, Mobile devices and Networks
32989067

I have inadvertently tapped into some bad sites. Started

Customer Question

I have inadvertently tapped into some bad sites. Started with keying in something that opened a porn site. Then I started pulling up the porn sites just to see what was out there and if there were any key words that would trigger it especially because my grandkids get on my computer a lot. While I tapped into a couple of sites a note popped up that I had to pay 500$ fine n the FBI was coming!!! Can you please verify this, what am I supposed to do-- the note did not have contact information, it just stated because I pulled up child porn eat... I however didn't see kids n these films and merely was word playing so to instruct the kids what wordage they need to stay away from. Beyond tha I did make videos of my family and posted them, with music attached, didn't think too much about. It since most of that music is on you tube anyway. You have my sincerest apology for line king things out n posting the music. Please tell me what I need to do, that note that popped up wanted me to pay a 500$ fine on PayPal right now, but since I saw no contact information, I was leery of it. My email is [email protected] Com n phone(###) ###-####Thank you Gail Brasher
Category: Software
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Hi there Gail and welcome.

Can you tell me exactly when you see this message and if your still able to use your computer for other things?

Thank you

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Just saw ur email, still able to get into chrome, you tube, Netflix, Safari n other apps
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

ok, then your not infected, its the sites that are saying this, else you would be getting this message on every site.

Best to clear the cache though. To do this, in Chrome click on the three bars in the top right and click on Settings.

Then click on show advance settings at the bottom of the screen

Then click on Clear Browsing Data, select from the beginning of time and click again Clear Browsing Data.

This will then ensure the cache is cleared.

I can also do these steps for you, and have made a request via Additional Services. This is optional, and if you choose to do this, I can, with your permission, remote into your computer while you watch and do all these steps (and deal with any problems that arise during them) for you. Or if you do not choose to take this service, we can continue here. This is no problem at all. Just let me know please.

Else If you have any problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you