Quiksilver07070
Quiksilver07070, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Install, Update, troubleshoot and remove all types of software
63493917

Windows 10 does not recognize my keyboard.

Customer Question

Category: Software
Expert:  Quiksilver07070 replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome to just answer.

PS2 devices are usually only recognized at intial boot up.

But USB devices should show up right away.

The PS2 device should work if you have it plugged in, and do a reboot.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I shut down my system unplugged the USB keyboard plugged in APS to type keyboard rebooted the system Windows 10 still do not recognize the keyboard.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I then plugged in the USB device again restart of the system still the same problem Windows 10 does not recognize my keyboard I uninstalled the drivers for key all keyboards shut down and restarted the system still this did not help

does your keyboard have any lights on it.....like when the CAPS lock is on, or if the SCROLL lock is on? DO they work?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The keyboard has the lights on the control panel for the Corsair keyboard well toggle the lights to different configurations Windows device manager shows a keyboard is operational yet the keyboard still will not work

Did you istall the drivers in COMPATABILITY mode for the version of windows its designed for? Are you using legitimate Windows 10 drivers for tha USB keyboard?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The keyboard is a Corsair K 95It was working fine up until this morning
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I've had problems with USB keyboards before and the solution to be able to use a keyboard sometimes was to put in the PS to type keyboard but this did not work in this case.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I uninstalled all keyboard drivers in the device manager and restarted the system in an attempt to see if it would re-recognize new drivers or the appropriate drivers this did not change anything

Oh, so it was working, and you didn't change anything, and it suddenly stopped working?

Very interesting, do you have any other USB keyboards you can try? Could it be, that his Corsair keyboard is starting to fail?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The one change that did occur was that two monitors were shut down as my son was trying to play a game on the computer and the game didn't like the other monitors since then the computer has been restarted and the two other monitors total of three have been enabled.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
When the system was started with the PS2 type mouse the system recognized it as enabled but still that keyboard would not work in Windows 10
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Fortunately I have Dragon speaking software so that I can talk to without typing

This could be a bug, and may need to have a patch issued.

As there is no reason, and no places to check, that you have not already.

I suggest you report this to MS. YOu can roll back your upgrade? You can use the ON SCREEN KEYBOARD? Or wait for MS to respond?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The control panel will actually come up for the Corsair keyboard
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The PS2 type mouse allowed me to type in the password ***** the Windows 10 start up screen so it is at a point after the username and password ***** been recognized by Windows 10 that it then does not rot want to recognize the keyboard

And that is exactly sounding like a bug to me. On and off, and diff times.

Win10 is still new, and without reporting, they cant fix it

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
you don't think you can fix this then

Like I said, there isn't any other places that can be checked that you already did....the keyboard is a VERY simple onnection, as such is VERY automated. Many of the processes cant be checked.

the keyboard is IRQ 0. and shoul take command over EVERYTHING. and if it is working PRE login, but not POST login. a windows process has stopped it somehow

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
This is a business situation and I'm pretty bad shape I can't fix this and can't type so I know what the heck to do

YOu can try a different keyboard....again. Or keep trying to install, and uninstall the USB.

You can try rolling back, restore point?

try this?

Device Manager - > Go to Properties of the keyboard ( standard keyboard ( PS / 2 ) - > Update Driver - > Browse my computer for driver software - >
Choose from a list of device drivers on my computer - >
Uncheck " Show compatible hardware " - > Select just any driver - >
for example HID Keyboard - > then restart
Now do the same again all over again - > but chose the correct driver (PS / 2 standard keyboard)

Some things work for different users.....I really think theres more work that needs to be done by microsoftfor Win10.

Many MANY users are complaining of keyboard issues. Some are EXACTLY like yours. Many are still unsolved.

The issue you are describing is highly unusual. Device drivers in each environment should be entirely independent and have no effect on each other. My only guess as to what could cause such behavior is that the devices are currently connected to USB 3.0 and somehow the USB 3.0 chipset driver in Windows 7 has become corrupted or failed. This would also explain the lack of support in the recovery media which also does not have USB 3.0 support.

You could try to create USB recovery media in Windows 10 and boot to that. You could also try relocating the connections for your keyboard and mouse to a USB 2.0 port. Otherwise you should report this malfunction via the Feedback app to inform Microsoft of the error and post the details of your configuration here for other users including make and model of keyboard and mouse, make and model of the computer or its components, and the version of drivers used for USB, keyboard, mouse, chipset, etc.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I shut down the system put on a very simple USB keyboard restarted the system and the results are the same. The keyboards are USB twoAt the Windows 10 login screen I did use the USB keyboard to login
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Do you think if I went and bought a blue tooth type keyboard it would work?

Unfortunatley I do not think so.

But I suppose it couldn't hurt if you are willing to try.