Dustin, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  I have vast experience with configuring & repairing and utilizing software.Also worked in The US Army as A Network Switching Systems Operator/Controller
19897260

Symantic encryption software was installed of Omaha agents

Customer Question

Symantic encryption software was installed for Mutual of Omaha agents sometime ago. On my Dell desktop.
My password ***** not open windows. I have to employ answers to 5 questions before it will open. I would like to change the password ***** upon answering the 5th identity question and pressing "enter",windows begins to open. There are no other options.
Tell me how to change password *****
Category: Software
Expert:  Dustin replied 1 year ago.

Welcome to Justanswer.com, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to assist you.

It sounds like you may be using the PGP software. Once windows is running, you just need to launch the software and then change your password.

This page should walk you through the process.

http://kb.mit.edu/confluence/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=4268287

If you encounter any difficulties in locating or changing the password, let me know.

I strive to provide great service, and greatly appreciate a rating of excellent ( 5 stars ) selected and submitted below this answer or at the top right of the screen. I always answer follow up questions.

Dustin S.

Senior Technician and Network Switching Systems Operator / Maintainer.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
how do I get to the PGP desktop lock icon . Is there a web address?
Expert:  Dustin replied 1 year ago.

Normally, at the bottom right hand of your computer screen, close to the clock / time.

You should see all your running program icons. You may have to click the up or down arrow to expand the list.

Hover your mouse over each icon, and one of the should be the PGP desktop icon.

Let me know if you encounter any issues locating it.

Dustin S.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
there is a "symantic Encrytpion desktop" icon. Is this what you mean?After that where do I go?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
don't see anything referring to "changing password"
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Dustin...u still there????
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Found the area your instructions referred to. However, the passphrase I used is not correct and I cannot retrieve stored pass. What do I do now??. Believe info is on my pc only. not on any server.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
thanks for trying to help... Since you have not responded in over an hour,10 min, I will assume you do not have an answer to my problem. So would like a full refund.