technicalcat
technicalcat, Consultant
Experience:  20 years combined corporate and small business experience.
65369237

Is it possible to transfer 8 to digital with PPro CS5 when

Customer Question

Is it possible to transfer Hi8 to digital for use with PPro CS5 when there's no firewire available on my computer. Are there any computers that you know of on the market today that would enable this conversion?
Category: Software
Expert:  technicalcat replied 1 year ago.

Hello, and thank you for using this service.

Do you have a Hi8 camera with a firewire output that you are trying to connect to a computer? If so, what make and model camera do you have that you are trying to connect to a computer?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have a Sony DCR-TRV350NTSC Digital 8. I was able to connect when I had Windows XP because it had a firewire. The new computers, to my knowledge, no longer have it. I now have Premier Pro CS5 as my editing program and I can't transfer my Hi8 tapes to it because it recognizes only a digital format. Is there anything available on today's market that can solve my problem?

What is the make and model of your new computer?