caraleneK
caraleneK, Software Engineer
Experience:  You one stop software Engineer
75835320

I can not receive calls from Ireland with Skype, clg. party

Customer Question

I can not receive calls from Ireland with Skype, clg. party receive a recording advising I am not receiving calls as my line is Blocked..I have verified with Verizon I have no block on my line...my tel#is(###) ###-#### ***** has been working ok,of late I can not be reached when called from Ireland....061-355-208.Please help. Bridget McGovern, e-mail is mcg***@******.***
Category: Software
Expert:  John H replied 1 year ago.

Hi Bridget. I'm John. I've had this happen to me before. What may have happened is that one of the telephone numbers Skype is using for the call to Ireland is behind what is known as a block of numbers reported to be abuse. You will need to contact Skype directly to see if they can hand you a different origination telephone number or have them check their database for abuse blocks.

If you don't want to go through Skype to get this resolved, you might try creating a new account which should provide a new number. The only drawback to this is that you'll have to add credit to this account before making the phone call.

Expert:  caraleneK replied 1 year ago.

Hello. My name is***** will be providing an answer to your question today

Thank you very much for giving us an opportunity to help you.Can we just comfirm all your contact is unblock please.

Follow the below procedure:

• Go to Tools > Options.
  • Go to the Privacy section > Blocked Contacts.
  • You block list should appear to the right.
  • Select the contact of your choice and click on "Unblock this person

Waiting your feedback to help you more.

Expert:  caraleneK replied 1 year ago.

Please let me know if you need more help .Please remember to Rate my answer ONLY once you are completely satisfied. If not, simply REPLY to me and I will assist you further