syseng
syseng, Systems Engineer
Experience:  Microsoft & Cisco Certified, Linux, 20 years experience
13852270

My photoshop is a mess. It keeps freezing up on me as soon

Customer Question

My photoshop is a mess. It keeps freezing up on me as soon as I download a picture from my printer. It won't let me put my pic on the second layer, because it erases the 2nd layer and dumps it onto the first layer, which of course is locked. Then it won't let me unlock. Everything is unavailable except "view", which doesn't do anything beyond a nonusable selection of view. Also there is a new picture coded strip I don't recognize popping in vertically between my work area and the views area. What is going on???
Category: Software
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I also tried rebooting from by discs)
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  syseng replied 1 year ago.

My name is David.

Assuming that your computer is running the Windows operating system and assuming that Photoshop was just recently working without issues, there are a couple of items you could check now that may resolve the issue.

First, click the Start button then Computer and verify that drive C: has space available. If the drive does not have space available then the issue can be resolved by right clicking on drive C:, then click Properties, click General, and click Disk Cleanup and let the utility run and then delete the unneeded files found in order to free drive space and resolve the problem.

If that does not resolve the issue or if there is plenty of drive space, malware could be the cause. To resolve, reboot the computer, press and hold the F8 key while the computer is rebooting, and select Safe Mode with Networking in the menu that appears. Then run an anti-virus scan, quarantine or delete all malware found, then reboot and test to verify that Photoshop now works as expected.

If that does not resolve the issue, the problem could be related to a bad update installation. To resolve perform a System Restore

to roll back the computer configuration to a previous working state. Click the Windows Start button then Programs or All Programs, then Accessories then System Restore or System Tools then System Restore. Click Next in the window that appears, and then click a restore point dated prior to when the issue first occurred and click Next. Confirm the System Restore and the restore will be applied and the computer will reboot. Then retest to see if the issue is resolved. Note that System Restore is reversible and does not impact your personal files.

Please let me know if that helps or if you need further assistance.

Thanks,

David.