Michael Hannigan
Michael Hannigan, IT Expert
Experience:  25+ Years Experience in Field. MCSE, ICCP. Software Integration and Deployment Expert
23511658

Does anyone know about setting up WeChat I downloaded the

Customer Question

Hello, Does anyone know about setting up WeChat I downloaded the software and then tried to trouble shoot it and it has an issue, Incompatible Application.
Category: Software
Expert:  Michael Hannigan replied 1 year ago.
Hello. My name is***** can help you with your question.
There are a large number of devices that for some reason are not compatible with that app. Here is a page that has a list of incompatible devices
http://bitli.es/9cIuxT
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Michael,So is WeChat just for phones and not computers?

No... it is also for computers - but your question had been categorized under mobile devices. There is a windows version here:

http://bitli.es/r8g4oW

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Mike,I loaded the software and it appears to be the same as the one I originally loaded, when I click on the WeChat Icon on the desktop it opens a text message: "Log in using Scan OR Code" and I can do anything from there. How do you scan and/or where do you get the code?
I thought your original problem was "Incompatible Application.". Is that not the case?
As far as getting this to login. You must have it set up on a mobile device as well. Then from the mobile software you would scan this code and it would pair your computer with your mobile device. So the software is primarily mobile software but it does have a Windows component which is what you are installing now.
If you hover the mouse over the QR code, it will show you a picture of what you need to do from your phone.
I appreciate a moment of your time to rate my level of service at your convenience. It will not affect our ability to communicate.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Mike it was "Incompatible Application" problem but then it loaded and now see the attachment this is what we get when we put the mouse over the QR code. But we can't go any where from this point, we put the mouse ever where but nothing.
What you have in your screenshot is correct.
As I said though, you must have the app installed on a mobile device as well. What that is showing you is where to go in the mobile app to scan the code from the screen to link your computer and the mobile device.
It is waiting for you to install the app on a mobile device and then go to the option in the app to scan the code and then to point the phones camera at the screen of your computer and scan the code that you see on your computer screen.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
OK We took a picture and its in the IPAD the little puzzel thing but the IPAD say "From WeChat's main screen tap, Discover" and choose "Scan QR Code". where is the main screen?

It's not actually asking to take a picture of your iPad. It's ask you do the following:

Download the we chat app from the Apple Store to your iPad

Run the we chat app on your iPad.

After the we chat app is installed and running on your iPad – go to the settings menu and then select the option to scan

Only then should you follow those instructions and point the camera at the box of black and white rectangles – called QR code and scan it into the app. There is in exact picture of what they mean when you hover over the app on that page. You have a screenshot of precisely where that option is in the app. It's in the screenshot you sent to me. Look at the phone on that screenshot and it will show you where the setting is to scan the code.