Jess M., Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Computer Software Support specialist for more that 10 years
49766785

I have old geneology files ifw and ifk files that I would

Customer Question

i have old geneology files ifw and ifk files that I would like to open
Category: Software
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I think the program was Family Ties but I no longer have it.
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.
Hi, welcome and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I am glad to assist you today.
I am very sorry about your issues. Unfortunately, without the original program that created those files, you cannot open them. However, if you can send the files to me, I can try for free software or trial software that can open the files for you.
If you like, please upload the files to http://filesXpress.com and then give me the short download links so that I can get your files.
Please let me know so that I can help you further.
Best regards,
Jess
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
are you charging me for this?
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for writing back. You have placed a deposit to post this question. And regarding the file sharing service that I gave you, no, it is free to upload your files there.
Jess
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
you charged me $43.00 to tell me there's nothing to help? Really?? That's impressive and exactly why I don't use this product. I think that last time the same thing happened....I think it's disgusting how you people scam clients.
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for writing back and I am very sorry about your confusion. We are a legitimate company and we guarantee our service. You posted a question here and I just responded to assist you. Regarding the charges, it is still on your account with us and you can use it any time for future question if you do not want to continue with this. You can also request for a refund if you want.
I just responded to assist you in opening the 2 files you mentioned. I can only do that if you send those files to me, or if you allow me to remotely access your computer. But remote access has extra fee so I suggest that you upload those files in this link:
http://filesXpress.com
After uploading those files, please let me know so that I can download them and try various software to open them.
Thank you.
Jess