Richard, Software Specialist
Experience:  Over 15 year experience in Computers, Mobile devices and Networks
32989067

I'm trying to upload a photo to my business page and it

Customer Question

I'm trying to upload a photo to my business page and it won't work. It's a JPG file, 2448x3264 pixels, 3.77 MB size. It says "there was an upload error. Please make sure to upload a jpg, gif or png file and try again." What am I doing wrong?
Category: Software
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for your question. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
For which website are you trying to do this for?
eg: Facebook, Linked in?
And which web browser are you using?
Thank you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am trying to upload images I had taken by a photographer (so they're high res etc) to my Google business page using Chrome Version 44.0.2403.130 m
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thank you
Can you open Internet Explorer on your computer and via this try to upload it so we can see if Chrome is the issue.
Let me know the results please
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It still won't let me update the cover photo. I was able to get it uploaded in general
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Is this for Google +?
Or another Google Service?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yeah, for Google +, my company's business page
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm sending over a screenshot. I deleted some photos and it's showing this now
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, the restrictions is also
The largest your image displays at is 1080 x 608.
And I see yours is a lot bigger
use this site and reduce it to that then upload it
http://www.picresize.com/
So its at least that or less.
As this is going to be the cause
Let me know the results please
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
That seems to have worked...would you mind if we leave the chat open for a little to see if it keeps wroking? I have a lot to upload. Also, quick question, do you know if I "Share" the business photos, what does that mean? Does that mean they'll show up on my page or do they go somewhere else publically online?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Also do you know why in the screenshot Google is showing those grey circles as my business photos if I've uploaded new ones?
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Share means you can share the photo via other ways eg: Email
I have marked this question to never close so any issues you can let me know here this is no problem. But your issue was photo dimensions and for the cover photo this is strict.
Like I said, if you have any issues let me know and in the meantime if you can please rate my service that would be appreciated via the stars at the top or one of the smiley faces.
The grey circle means the image is restricted to your group.
Thank you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
A resized photo still wont' upload. It will go to the cover photo and general photos but can't become the Profile photo still. same error message as before
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Profile picture is different to cover photo and needs to be
426 x 255.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
If you have continued problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
Else if you can take a second to rate my service as we resolved the upload, by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you