Dustin, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  I have vast experience with configuring & repairing and utilizing software.Also worked in The US Army as A Network Switching Systems Operator/Controller
19897260

Norton Security is installed on my computer and has run

Customer Question

Norton Security is installed on my computer and has run well for years. Now I can't open it.
Category: Software
Expert:  Dustin replied 1 year ago.

Welcome to Justanswer.com, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to assist you.

Sometimes a windows update, or a norton update, or just a fluke program failure can causes issues like that. To fix it, you need to download , install and run the free norton removal tool. This will not only remove norton, but will clear out its "cache" or app data files. You can get that tool from this page.

https://support.norton.com/sp/en/us/home/current/solutions/kb20080710133834EN_EndUserProfile_en_us

Once you have ran that tool and it has removed all norton products. The computer will restart.

At this point we just need to reinstall norton, and you will be good to go. You can reinstall norton from this page.

https://support.norton.com/sp/en/us/home/current/solutions/kb20090708112600EN_EndUserProfile_en_us

If you get stuck or run into any issues, let me know.

I strive to provide great service, and greatly appreciate a rating of excellent ( 5 stars ) selected and submitted below this answer or at the top right of the screen. I always answer follow up questions.

Dustin S.

Senior Technician and Network Switching Systems Operator / Maintainer.