Byron
Byron, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  12 years in operations at a large law firm supporting both retail and specialty applications.
13274453

I have problems installing windows 10 Update from windows

Customer Question

I have problems installing windows 10 Update from windows 8.0 on a HP laptop. I copies the image to a usb flash drive and install clicking on the setup file in the folder on the flash drive. Can you help in the installation to the windows 10 from 8.0.
Category: Software
Expert:  Dustin replied 1 year ago.

Welcome to Justanswer.com, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to assist you.

May I ask why you didnt install the windows update directly on the windows 8 computer, using the Windows update feature?

Also, as far as the USB stick goes, how exactly did you create the USB stick?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Windows update to windows 10 did not nor available on the HP laptop for some reason and the usb was created from Microsoft site.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Is it a problem to upgrade to win 10 from wind 8.0 instead of windows 8.1
Expert:  Dustin replied 1 year ago.

It shouldnt be an issue upgrading from WIndows 8 to Windows 19.. Even windows 7 can upgrade to windows 10 without too much fuss.

Question, when you say the windows 10 update wasnt available, do you mean that the Windows 10 update button said your download / upgrade wasnt available yet?

ALso, can the computer currently start and boot into windows 8 normally?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I do not want to switch. when trying to update to windows 10 I get an error message that it failed after about 1 hour of updating
Expert:  Dustin replied 1 year ago.

Im not sure exactly what you mean when you say you do not want to switch..

Can you please be a bit more detailed and specific when you reply, thank you~

Dustin S.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
do not want to switch to live phone call. I pay a monthly subscription
Expert:  Byron replied 1 year ago.
Hi. My name is***** you for your question and the opportunity to assist. If you are now using Windows 8.0 it must first be upgraded to Windows 8.1 before you will be able to further upgrade to Windows 10.
Please open Control Panel>>Windows Update and apply any pending updates until you are then able to apply the Windows 8.1 update. After that is done you will be able to install Windows 10 from the flash drive you created.
-
Please let me know if you need more clarification. I will always do my best to answer your question. Your satisfaction is my top goal. If you are not satisfied with the answer I provide, for any reason, please allow me to continue to help you (or recommend you for another expert or refund) rather than giving a negative rating. A positive rating is always appreciated.