Pete, Computer Expert
Experience:  CISCO certified computer and networking expert
30970729

On 7-22 or 7-23 of this year my LinkedIn account was hacked

Customer Question

On 7-22 or 7-23 of this year my LinkedIn account was hacked into, password ***** changed and I was suddenly blocked from getting onto my own page. Someone else had taken it over. You guys sent me a notice a person or entity from Lagos, Nigeria, was to blame. I sent you an email informing you of this occurance immediately. You gave it an incident number: 150723-008083. I also sent you proof of my identity so that you would know it was me. I was told a security team would start working on it, and it may take some time to get it fixed. You also suspended my account while investigating.
It has been 14 days now and I still have not heard back from you guys. Why???? I would like to get my LinkedIn account released to me again. I can easily change it to a very hard password.
I just want my account back in my control so I may use it!!! I hope for an answer very
quickly.
Thank you so much,
Ron Rust, MAC
Category: Software
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

Hi Ron,

It can take up to 20 days for LinkedIn to investigate.

You may also need to apply to LinkedIn to reopen the account:

https://help.linkedin.com/app/ask/path/rmca

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I guess Pete is o.k., but the above answer is a non-answer as far as I am concerned. He did not tell me anything concrete, and I would like to know why!! Because he did not answer my inquiry satisfactorily, I do not think I want Pete again to "expertly" help me.
Ron Rust
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

Hi Ron,

Only LinkedIn can give you concrete answers. Please note that I do not work for LinkedIn - I am an independent computer engineer.

It has been 20 days - is the problem now resolved?

Pete.