Pete, Computer Expert
Experience:  CISCO certified computer and networking expert
30970729

I have a stand alone Win98 desktop that I have used

Customer Question

I have a stand alone Win98 desktop that I have used offline for years. I have an accounting program PC Law Jr. that I have used since 1998. The accounting program is on Drive D:\ and it will not run scandisk because of a data error.

The problem started as soon as I pressed a tool for data verification on PC Law and it froze up. As soon as you start the program the screen freezes and suggests I upgrade, but that is not feasible.

Would you please remove the block.  I had an expert from India who suggested he would help but has disappeared after saying he would be available. I have made arrangements to plug my computer into a high speed connection at a local internet shop using the RJ45

Category: Software
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

Hi there,

You will need to go into the Windows Task Manager and try to close whatever process is causing the block.

Let me know if you would like me to check this remotely.