Mr.Med
Mr.Med, software engineer
Experience:  if you have any questions about softwares please contact me
76221641

Forgotten password on ipad. Have tried 'recovery' three

Customer Question

Forgotten password ***** ipad. Have tried 'recovery' three times and it keeps coming back to the same screen asking for my password. Am i stuck with a brick
Category: Software
Expert:  Mr.Med replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome to justanswer, My name is ***** ***** i will be assisting you today,

I'm sorry about the issue, the only solution you can do is to restore the ipad, which will cause you to lose all data (photos, files, ect...) currently on it. If you made a backup prior to losing the password, you should be able to restore that.

Here are the steps to restore the ipad :

1-Download Itunes from : https://www.apple.com/itunes/download/

2-Install itunes and plug in your iPad to your pc

3-press and hold the home button and the sleep/wake/power button at the same time for 45 seconds until the Apple logo appears, once that appears you can release the buttons

4-iTunes will give message iTunes has detected an iPad in recivery mode you must restore this iPad to continue

5-click restore if it does not go through click on the iPad in the left hand side of iTunes and click restore

6-restore iPad and now you should have your iPad back.

Additional Information : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Shrc3FeCJEQ

Hope this help, if you need further help please let me know and i will gladly continue to help

Thank you

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
When I said I had tried recovery mode three times I meant what you have just said and its been done over and over, it does not restore - it comes back and says it cannot access the iPad until the password ***** *****
So thanks for the answer but all done alreadyKind regardsAlistair
Expert:  Mr.Med replied 1 year ago.
Please try to Disconnect the ipad from it's cord, if plugged in.
Press and hold your Sleep/Wake button (on the top) and Home button (on the front) together for around 10 seconds.
When the Apple logo appears, release both buttons.
Now see if the password ***** If not You should be able to reset your password ***** the site: http://iforgot.apple.com/
Note : Please do not Rate my answer until we finished with the session. Once you are satisfied please RATE 4 or above.
Let me know the results
Thank you
Expert:  Mr.Med replied 1 year ago.
If the problem persists, please let me recommend you for another expert rather than giving me a negative rating.
Note : only Rate answer after you are 100% Satisfied. Please do not rate an answer, if you are not satisfied.
Thank you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Not fixed
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I fixed it myself by downloading the restore software package from another site and when it came to restore I held the alt key and clicked restore which then allowed me to pick a restore file and I used the one I had downloaded.
8.4.0 (iPad Mini 2 Cellular): iPad4,5_8.4_12H143_Restore.ipswI think I should get a refund since you were unable to help me and infact I helped you
Expert:  Mr.Med replied 1 year ago.

I'm glad to know that you fixed the issue, please click this link to request a refund

ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-can-i-request-refund

thank you