Michael Hannigan
Michael Hannigan, IT Expert
Experience:  25+ Years Experience in Field. MCSE, ICCP. Software Integration and Deployment Expert
23511658

How do I print envelopes from spreadsheet address list in

Customer Question

How do I print envelopes from spreadsheet address list in open office 3.3?
Category: Software
Expert:  Michael Hannigan replied 1 year ago.

Hello. My name is***** can help you with your question

I think you find that this is a fairly simple process. The easiest way is to do this is to use the spreadsheet as your data source. You have to create a new database file, and set it up as a connection to your spreadsheet. There are instructions on how to do this in the Getting Started With Base manual. (Note that the link is a download link for the pdf). Look under "Accessing Other Data Sources." For further instruction and discussion, you can take a look at this thread in the forum.

Note that connecting to the spreadsheet will not allow you to edit the data in the Base document, but it will be quicker for your purposes. The forum thread above also mentions a way to import the data into Base so you can edit it within base, but you don't really need to do that. As long as you're just printing envelopes from an existing spreadsheet, then you can just connected as a data source that is read-only and print the envelopes from it. Please let me know if you still have questions.