Jess M., Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Computer Software Support specialist for more that 10 years
49766785

I am trying to install Windows 10 (I had preordered it from

Customer Question

I am trying to install Windows 10 (I had preordered it from Microsoft), on my current nearly brand-new hp Windows 700 desktop. (I like Windows 7, but not 8 or 8.1)
I got to the point where I had to choose which operating system I wanted for my 10, and I selected Chrome. (I have had it on my 7 and like it very much.) Several windows then popped up that made no sense to me, but I chose the options for the basic, "recommended for beginners" selections.
From there I got stuck. My biggest problem is the place where a female voice rattles off maybe 10-12 items, from which you must make a selection in order to proceed. She reads so fast that I am unable to comprehend what the choices are. You get a chance to try the list again and again, but it was still too fast.
Category: Software
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is***** look forward to assisting and am very sorry to hear that you are having this problem. That sounds like it is Cortana, she should be listing the items as well in a search instead of just reading them. Is it not doing that?
.