Mr.Med
Mr.Med, software engineer
Experience:  if you have any questions about softwares please contact me
76221641

Update error 80070422

Customer Question

Update error 80070422
Category: Software
Expert:  Mr.Med replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome to justanswer, my name is ***** ***** i will be assisting you today,

Please run Windows Update troubleshooter and check go.microsoft.com/?linkid=9830262

If that doesn't work, try the following steps :

1. Open Administrative Tools by clicking the Start button , and then clicking Control Panel. In the search box, type administrative tools, and then click Administrative Tools.

2. Double-click Services.

3. Find the Windows Update service, right-click it, and then click Properties.

4. On the General tab, next to Startup type, make sure that Automatic is selected.

5. Next to Service status, check to see if the service is started. If it is not, click Start.

Let me know the results please

Thank you

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok I tried that before and I have run it like u told me. I did the go.microsoft.com and said 3 error were fixed. checked for updates and it come back error 80070422.
Expert:  Mr.Med replied 1 year ago.

please try the second solution and let me know if that work

thank you

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok did and came back error 80070422
Expert:  Mr.Med replied 1 year ago.

Solution 1 : Scan your computer for malwares/virus

1-Go to: http://www.microsoft.com/security/scanner/en-us/default.aspx and Click Download Now.

2-Follow the on screen instructions to download and install the Microsoft Safety Scanner. When prompted, save the file to your desktop. Double click the Microsoft Safety Scanner icon on your desktop. It may be labeled as msert.

3-Click the box next to Accept all terms of the preceding license agreement, then click Next.

4- Click Quick Scan, then click Next. The Microsoft Safety Scanner will scan your computer and remove all malware.

5-Click the Start button, then type Windows Firewall in the Search programs and files box

6-Click Windows Firewall.

• In the left hand pane of the Control Panel, click Turn Windows Firewall on or off.
  • Click Turn on Windows Firewall for each network location, then click OK.

If you still receive error 80070422 proceed to solution 2.

Solution 2: Install the latest Windows Updates

1-Click the Start button, then in the Search programs and files box and type Windows Update.

2- Click Windows Update, then click Check for updates. Click Install Updates. You may be required to restart your computer after installation.

3-Click the Start button, then type Windows Update in the Search programs and files box

4-Click Windows Firewall.

If you still receive error 80070422 proceed to solution 3

Solution 3 : Enable Windows Firewall at startup

1-Click the Start button, then type Services in the Search programs and files box (Windows 7)

2-Click Services, Scroll until you see Windows Firewall. Double click Windows Firewall.

3-Click the drop down menu next to Startup type, then choose Automatic.

4-Restart your computer.

If you are still getting that error then you might want to do a restore back to previous date before you got the error.

• lick Start > All Programs > Accessories > System Tools program group.

• Click on the System Restore program icon.

• Click Next > on the Restore system files and settings window.

• Choose the restore point that you want to use. You should use the restore point with a date when you still don't have the problem you are facing now.

Thank you