IT Miro, Computer Scientist
Experience:  Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology, Microsoft Certified Professional
30721786

I have 2 computers with Photoshop CC. On one of them PS no

Customer Question

I have 2 computers with Photoshop CC. On one of them PS no longer recognizes the files. Lightroom doesn't either. It works fine on the other computer. Other software can read the files on that computer. I tried reinstalling PS and LR and it didn't work. What can I do?
Category: Software
Expert:  IT Miro replied 1 year ago.

Hello! I am IT Miro and I will assist you on this question.

After you have re-installed Photoshop CC, are you able to run Photoshop and Lightroom by clicking on their desktop icons?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
in the case of Lightroom but I can't move Photoshop to the dock. Can run it if I click on it in the Applications folder.
Expert:  IT Miro replied 1 year ago.
Can Photoshop start when you run it from the Applications folder? If so, check if you can open the files you were working on.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have waited a half hour and not heard from anyone. How much longer must I wait?Barry Werner
Expert:  IT Miro replied 1 year ago.
I am the technician helping you here. I do not know if you have contacted someone else.
I asked you this:
"Can Photoshop start when you run it from the Applications folder? If so, check if you can open the files you were working on."
But I haven't received any response from you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Miro:This is confusing. I am able to open PS from the Applications folder. I cannot move it to the dock. When I open it it still doesn't read the CR2 files from my camera.Barry
Expert:  IT Miro replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for the information!
Since there could be several possible causes of the problem, I would like to start remote desktop assistance to your computer so that I can see the problem myself and help you solve it.
Let me know if you agree.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I agree
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you.
Expert:  IT Miro replied 1 year ago.
Thank you!
In order for me to connect to your computer, you need to download a remote desktop connection program and start it.
We can use TeamViewer. Here is how to start it:
1. Go to http://www.teamviewer.com
2. Just below the green Download button, click on the Join Remote Control Session link
3. TeamViewer file will automatically start downloading. Once done, locate the file and double-click it in order to start it. The file is named TeamViewerQS
4. When started, you should see a blue window that contains numbers - ID and Password ***** type those numbers here so that I can connect
Thanks,
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Miro:I just got it to work. Thank you for trying to help me.
Expert:  IT Miro replied 1 year ago.
OK, no problem. I am glad you got it to work.
In case the problem returns, or you encounter any other problem, I am here to help you.
Regards,