Russell H., Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Proud to have been getting computer technicalities into working order since 1988.
13568747

I have photoshop elements 8... I'm trying to make a multi stencil

Customer Question

I have photoshop elements 8... I'm trying to make a multi stencil but I can't find the color range tab in elements 8. Is there another way around this?
Category: Software
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.
Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.
Photoshop Elements has no 'color range' tool. You use other means, rather more esoteric means, to achieve the same goals with regard to colors.
There are color replacement tools in Photoshop Elements, but you might prefer to work with the 'magic wand' tool.
From the selections based on color that you make with the 'magic wand' tool, you can create masks or perhaps what you call a multi-stencil.
Select hue rather than color, ignore the factor of luminosity and change that in luminosity mode. The magic wand tool ignores luminosity and operates with hues. Selections made with the magic wand tool can be modified to something less crude using the Selection/Refine Edges feature.
Then turn what the magic wand tool has selected, as modified by Selection/Refine, and turn it into a mask or stencil, which can be edited further in detail by hand.