Richard Hall
Richard Hall,
Experience:  Chief Information Officer at Spectrum Contracting Serv.
77993500

My Pentax software apparently was not transferred to my new

Customer Question

My Pentax software apparently was not transferred to my new computer and I can not locate a cd to reload it. I am using a Pentax K100D. How can I reload the Pentax software to download m photographs.
Category: Software
Expert:  Richard Hall replied 1 year ago.
Hello, My name is***** you are still needing assistance, we will need to proceed in two steps(pretty simple) in order to install the photo browser software and you will get photo laboratory as well. All direct from Pentax(Ricoh).The First step is going to be to download the software from the appropriate source:1. http://ricoh-imaging.ca/en/support/digital/photo3_winAfter you have downloaded that file, let me know, there is a special way to install it, other wise it looks for previous installations and it will fail.I've tested this on Windows 8 and it works well. Just let me know when you have it downloaded and I will walk you through the setup process. Thanks!Richard
I was just following up to see if you were able to download the installation file.
The install just requires a simple command prompt instruction, which I can assist you with and the software will not look for previously installed versions, which is why it was failing before and will until you use this method.
Thanks!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm ready ti install it now.
Great.
If you will copy the installation file, PBLV0361.EXE to C:\
Then you will need to open a command prompt(you can type CMD in the search icon to get to a command prompt)
Then type: PBLV0361.EXE /s and it will perform a silent install and that should get your software installed properly.
If you need any further assistance, please let me know!
Thanks,
Hello.I was just checking in to see if you were able to process that command? It will appear as if nothing really happened, but if you wait a few moments, it will be in your new apps list if it installed correctly. Richard